[News] GNU/Linux Does 3D Acceleration in VirtualBox

VirtualBox Gets 3D Acceleration For Linux Guests

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux guests under VirtualBox 2.2 and later can now have OpenGL acceleration
| support, permitting they are running a modified driver stack. Also introduced
| in VirtualBox 2.2 Beta 1 was OVF (Open Virtualization Format) appliance
| import and export, Hypervisor optimizations for improved performance, Intel
| VT-x and AMD-V are enabled by default on new virtual machines, and
| experimental USB support for Solaris hosts. This release also has
| experimental support for Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" host operating systems.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzE0OA

"We do NOT want to ship the ’standard’ with Windows because we want to make the
native APIs more attractive. We want to evolve the standard APIs rapidly, and
not have ISVs [independent software vendors] spending time on something that
is cross-platform. "

                                --Chairman Bill Gates

Days ago:

VirtualBox 2.1.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Just after I reviewed Sun’s VirtualBox virtualization solution, the company
| released version 2.1 which added two major new features along with the usual
| assortment of bug fixes. Since the release of 2.1, there have been four minor
| releases, bringing VirtualBox up to version 2.1.4, which is the one I used
| for this updated review.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/139261/2009/03/vbox21.html?t=201

Recent:

5 Reasons VirtualBox Rocks My Socks

,----[ Quote ]
| Lately I've been interested in learning about a variety of the Operating
| Systems that are available today. I'm a big advocate of using the right tool
| for the job so experimenting with the latest OSes is a must in order to
| figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each. While experimentation is a
| great way to learn it can be a bit of a pain to find an old machine, format
| the hard drive, and install an OS. Dual booting is an alternative option, but
| there is the inherent risk of messing up the current state of your machine.
`----

http://www.fiascode.com/general-technology/5-reasons-virtualbox-rocks-my-socks/

5 Linux-based Virtualization Companies to Watch

,----[ Quote ]