[News] Microsoft Looks for Free Labour to Undercut GNU/Linux

Shining Light on Why Microsoft Loves LAMP to Death

,----[ Quote ]
| This has been going on for a while, and is part of a larger move by Microsoft
| to weaken the foundations of open source - especially GNU/Linux - on the
| pretext that they are simply porting some of the top layers to its own stack.
| But the net result is that it diminishes the support for GNU/Linux, and makes
| those upper-level apps more dependent on Microsoft's good graces. The plan is
| clearly to sort out GNU/Linux first, before moving on up the stack.
|
| It's clever, and exactly the sort of thing I would expect from the cunning
| people at Microsoft. That I understand; what I don't get is why these LAMP
| hackers are happy to cut off the branch they sit on by aiding and abetting
| Microsoft in its plans? Can't they see what's being done to their LAMP?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/03/shining-light-on-why-microsoft-loves.html

Recent:

February 2009 Web Server Survey

,----[ Quote ]
| QQ's growth should not overshadow this month's other significant event:
| Apache has gained 7.8 million sites, making it the first vendor to be used by
| more than 100 million websites.
`----

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2009/02/18/february_2009_web_server_survey.html

January 2009 Web Server Survey