[News] Warner Music is Attacking Babies to Defend Its Precious 'IP'

Warner Music attacks babies

,----[ Quote ]
| Warner Music's war on fair use has sunk to new lows, with the company sending
| takedown notices to YouTube over videos in which babies and toddlers interact
| with music in adorable ways...
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/13/warner-music-attacks-1.html

Recent:

Hey, Warner, Leave those Kids Alone

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month we reported that Warner Music Group was using YouTube’s Content
| I.D. (aka Video I.D.) tool to effectively censor myriad fair uses. We asked
| people to contact us if they needed legal help and  put up a YouTube removal
| primer to give folks information about their options. As a result we’ve seen
| beautiful film montages set to music, videos to assist the hearing impaired,
| and many other examples of amazing artistic talent that have been censored by
| Warner Music.
`----

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/02/hey-warner-leave-those-kids-alone

Related:

File Sharing Lawsuits at a Crossroads, After 5 Years of RIAA Litigation

,----[ Quote ]
| It was five years ago Monday the Recording Industry Association of America
| began its massive litigation campaign that now includes more than 30,000
| lawsuits targeting alleged copyright scofflaws on peer-to-peer networks.
|
| [...]
|
| Today, the RIAA -- the lobbying group for the world's big four music
| companies, Sony BMG, Universal Music, EMI and Warner Music -- admits that the
| lawsuits are largely a public relations effort, aimed at striking fear into
| the hearts of would-be downloaders. Spokeswoman Cara Duckworth of the RIAA
| says the lawsuits have spawned a "general sense of awareness" that file
| sharing copyrighted music without authorization is "illegal."
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/09/proving-file-sh.html

Warner teams up with 7digital to provide DRM-free music

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/05/warner-teams-7digital-provide