[News] Ubuntu Linux 9.04 Reaches Alpha 6, Screenshots Available

Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 6 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are just a little more than a month away until Ubuntu 9.04 (the Jaunty
| Jackalope) will be released. With the release getting near, Canonical has
| today put forth the final alpha release of Jaunty. Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 6
| carries a few updated packages (particularly with the imminent release of
| GNOME 2.26) and various bug-fixing.
|
| More information on the Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 6 release can be found at
| Ubuntu.com. Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, and Mythbuntu have all
| been updated as well to the Alpha 6 status.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzEzOA

Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 6 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The sixth and last alpha version of the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (codename Jaunty
| Jackalope) was uploaded a few minutes ago on the official mirrors. As usual,
| we've downloaded a copy of it in order to keep you up to date with the latest
| changes in the Ubuntu 9.04 development.
|
| [...]
|
| Once again, a Live CD is available for everyone who wants to see for
| themselves what's new in Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu 9.04 Alpha 6 (see below for
| download links), without installing anything on the hard drive. See you again
| at the end of March for the Beta release of the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty
| Jackalope). We'll leave you now to enjoy the screenshot tour for the sixth
| Alpha version of Ubuntu, Kubuntu and by popular demand... Xubuntu!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-Alpha-6-Screenshot-Tour-106631.shtml

Recent:

Jaunty Alpha 2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Pre-releases of Jaunty are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable
| system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even
| frequent breakage.  They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers and
| those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs.
|
| Alpha 2 is the second in a series of milestone CD images that will be
| released throughout the Jaunty development cycle.  The Alpha images are
| known to be reasonably free of showstopper CD build or installer bugs, while
| representing a very recent snapshot of Jaunty.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2008-December/000516.html

First Ubuntu Jaunty Alpha imminent

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of us have only just got our systems updated to Intrepid Ibex, but the
| Ubuntu development team is steaming ahead with plans for an Alpha 1 release
| of Jaunty Jackalope tomorrow.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3676

Exciting Features For Ubuntu 9.04