[News] PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Works Well Based on Tests

PCLinuxOS 2009.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| As I said at the beginning, there's a good reason why PCLinuxOS has such a
| loyal following. It's good. It works. It includes lots of excellent packages.
| If you give it a try, you are likely to really be pleased - I am.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012344o-2000498448b,00.htm

Recent:

Five-O for PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| After rebooting to PCLinuxOS, I mentioned to them about the upcoming 2009
| release. And one of the guys was dumbfounded, querying if there'll be
| something better? I didn't answer but instead asked Marvin what he was using
| his laptop for, and explained to him that I wanted to install the programs he
| needed to get the most from his machine. Well, it was pretty much basic so
| within the hour (I have a local PCLinuxOS repository), I got much of what he
| needed; his system updated and loaded. Marvin was a bit baffled how he got
| GIMP, the latest Firefox, OpenOffice.org, digiKam, amarok, and a host of
| other goodies. Three points.
`----

http://pclinuxosuser.blogspot.com/2009/02/five-o-for-pclinuxos.html

PCLOS 2009 On the Wing

,----[ Quote ]
| As I write here I’m downloading the beta 3 of PCLinuxOS 2009, which will be
| my first go at the Ripper gang’s newest version since 2007. Based on that
| experience, my expectations are high. I guess that’s what happens when you
| produce quality stuff, Texstar: people start anticipating better and better.
`----

http://dailyrevolution.net/?p=4163

10-second distro review: Puppy Linux 4.1.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I decided to get deeper into Puppy 4.1.2 on my Toshiba Satellite 1100-S101
| laptop.
`----

http://insidesocal.com/click/2009/02/10-second-distro-review-puppy.html

PCLinuxOS 2009 Beta 3 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't count out PCLinuxOS just yet. The Ripper Gang announced today the
| release of the third public beta of PCLinuxOS 2009. According to them, the
| series of beta ISOs are released under the name of N1PTT to honor the loss of
| Robert Green, a long time friend of PCLOS community who recently died of
| cancer.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/02/pclinuxos-2009-beta-3-released.html

PCLinuxOS-N1PTT-TR6 FINALLY RELEASED!