Re: [News] [Rival] Vista 7 Has YET ANOTHER Critical Security Flaw

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:40:02 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> The *apps* are at fault.
>
> Wait.. wait.. wait.
>
> So you're saying that when poorly written apps don't follow the OS
> guidelines it's the apps fault?

Of course.

> Wow, how come nobody has ever told nearly every Linux advocate in
> existence this?

Why would they all need to be told?

> See, they all blame Windows for every flaw in applications.

Maybe some do.   That doesn't speak for all.

> Be it Adobe,
> Symantec, etc..  See, when a new version of an OS comes out, and there is
> an incompatibility with an app that ran just fine in the previous version,
> they say it's Windows fault, clearly because it worked fine previously.

You're dragging the goalposts now.   You went from poorly written apps to
well-written apps that were broken by changes in the OS.

> I assume you will not correct all those Linux advocates that go blaiming
> Windows for 3rd party app compatibility issues.

Of course not, why should he?

> Right?

Right.