Re: laundry viewing over the Internet patented ..

In article <49b89c5f$0$3336$6e1ede2f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> 'LaundryView is an Internet application that allows you to
> >> monitor the status of washers and dryers in connected
> >> laundry rooms through a Web browser'
> >>
> >> http://www.laundryview.com/lvs.php
> >
> > So this is one of those infamous "over the Internet" patents.

1)  If so, I'd like to know the patent number.

2)  There was a lengthy article in the New Yorker about the worldwide
industry of ice vending machines in groceries, liquor stores, etc.

One striking point was that some large number of these machines (more
than 50% as I remember) were actually connected (by simple intermittent
dial-up connections, as best I remember) to just a few world-wide
centers which monitored the status of the machines, recognized and
diagnosed failures or malfunctions, and could even do certain kinds of
remote repairs or resettings on the machines.

If that wouldn't be prior art for the LaundryView concept, what would be?