Re: BBCs 22,000 PC botnet demonstration ..

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:56:33 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Doug Mentohl on Thursday 12 March 2009 13:04 :
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/7932816.stm
>> http://www.tech-faq.com/botnet.shtml
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/03/microsoft_intelligence_report/
>
> Look how they misuse the work "hacker" too.

I think the correct use of the word "hacker" depends on social context.
For the general public, hacker does in fact mean cracker.

You, and the rest of the people reading this post, are in the exception
category; programmers and other technologically inclined individuals to
whom hacker is synonymous with honest programmer.

Similar to color and colour, either could be correct depending on where
you are located. (Heh, my spell checker informs me that colour is not a
word.)

--
Tony Sivori