Re: yet more VAPOURW~1 from Microsoft ..

Doug Mentohl wrote:

> 'Microsoft's next web browser will be based on a promising Microsoft
> Research project dubbed "Gazelle" .. It relies on a "browser kernel",

WOW!

> 5000 lines of C# code,

WOW! Just 5000 lines of code!

> that exposes the underlying system to webpages using a set of system
> calls ...'

Erm, wasn't the very fact that "the underlying system is exposed to
webpages" the cause of this never-ending security trouble with IE?

But for all the rest, another heartfelt "WOW!" for this Great Innovation of
using a set of system calls to make a browser function! And do I see
another iron-clad Microsoft patent looming?

http://www.newmobilecomputing.com/story/21120/Microsoft_s_Next_Browser_To_Be_Based_on_Gazelle_

> 'The implementation and evaluation of our IE-based prototype shows
> promise of a practical multiprincipal OS-based browser in the real world'
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/79655/gazelle.pdf
>
> I'm always suspicious when people have to make up their own technical
> terms. Never heard of multiprincipal before and I do try and keep up.
> Instead of putting a kernel in the browser how about making the Windows
> kernel secure, oh .. wait .. they can't seem to manage that.

They're exceedingly good sales people. They can sell shit like it's gold --
even before it's actually excreted. So once more: WOW!

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl