[News] Copyrights Cartel Attacks the Internet and Current Copyright Law

Top musicians unite to form copyright lobby group

,----[ Quote ]
| They earn millions and the extent of their diva-esque demands is often mind
| boggling. But tomorrow, Robbie Williams, KT Tunstall and the members of
| Radiohead will join a group of high-profile musicians to protest at how badly
| they are treated by record companies and music streaming websites like
| YouTube.
`----

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5883885.ece

Fight Over YouTube Videos Heats Up In The UK; Musician Propaganda Begins

,----[ Quote ]
| The very fact that the musicians are so up in arms shows how much more
| leverage Google has. It shows that a significant part of the value is in
| YouTube. YouTube can survive just fine without the music videos. The
| musicians, on the other hand, are suffering. That's why it's the musicians
| complaining. But that shows the very point Google is trying to make: Google
| has the leverage here, not the musicians. And, yet, the musicians still want
| to pretend it's the other way around.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090311/0056264066.shtml

Copyright extension vote on 23rd March: contact your MEPs now!

,----[ Quote ]
| With the European Parliament set to vote on 23 March on extending the term of
| copyright for sound recordings, key European experts opposing the extension
| have released a new letter to MEPs warning of the dangers.
`----

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2009/03/11/copyright-extension-vote-on-23rd-march-contact-your-meps-now/

Recent:

88% of YouTube is New and Original Content, Professor Says

,----[ Quote ]