[News] New SDK for Google's Linux, More Good Applications

Android 1.1 available for Dev Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| HTC has released a system 1.1 installation for the Android dev phone (ADP1).
| Ars shows you where you can find a copy and take advantage of peers support
| for the upgrade.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/03/android-11-available-for-dev-phones.ars

Where's Got Everything You Need Right There

,----[ Quote ]
| Where is a location-based application for the Android platform that gives you
| information on shopping, travel, gas prices, weather and news, just to name a
| few. It's a well engineered app that has already existed for other platforms
| and now has been ported to Android.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Wheres-Got-Everything-You-Need-Right-There-66425.html?wlc=1236816296

Android app remote-controls three robots

,----[ Quote ]
| Surveyor builds a variety of robots that incorporate its open source Surveyor
| SRV-1 Camera Board and SRV-1 firmware. The latter appears to be based on the
| uClinux distribution available with the Analog Devices Blackfin BF537 digital
| signal processor (DSP), along with a Java-based application stack (an
| alternative build supporting Python is also available).
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS4820311737.html?kc=rss

Recent:

Comment: Android beyond the phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Look out, Microsoft, I'm seeing signs that Google's Android could wind up in
| netbooks, digital picture frames and a host of embedded devices as a
| friendly, app-rich face for Linux.
|
| In this recession-battered economy, designers will turn to open source code
| whenever they can. After all, Windows is often one of the most expensive
| components in a system, prompting some to dub it the Redmond tax.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=214700013

The Android Developer Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| With the success of the Apple iPhone, a new surge of development
| opportunities has arisen in the consumer mobile computing space. However, due
| to Apple's walled garden approach, some developers have been less compelled
| to spend a lot of time investigating its SDK.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/linux-open-source/214600303

Google’s Android May Challenge Microsoft in Portables

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=azdqc9vK2gfg&refer=us