[News] Future of Free Software Business Promoted by the Current Economy

'Open source' vendors push advantage

,----[ Quote ]
| Ready to get jealous? How would you like to work in an industry that benefits
| from economic downturns and for companies that see revenue, customer
| acquisition and budgets grow during these toughest of times?
`----

http://www.btobonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090309/FREE/303099965/1109/FREE

Brian Gentile, CEO of Jaspersoft, on Consumerization of Information

,----[ Quote ]
| So, my prediction for the future of open source is that our sons, daughters,
| nieces and nephews, and what they’re teaching us about how to make web-based
| software services work for them, will drive the next decade of open source
| growth. The open source development model is the only way that we’ll enable
| them to both work in a way that they expect, and to build tomorrow’s
| innovations quicker than we might ever have imagined.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/brian-gentile-ceo-of-jaspersoft-on-consumerization-of-information

Recent:

Germany Funds Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| [Via Google Translate: The Federal Council decided on 20.2.2009 to the law to
| secure employment and stability in Germany, and approved, paving the way for
| the planned investment made. In the "pact for employment and stability in
| Germany" are also 500 million for activities in the field of information and
| communications technology, whose use by the Federal Government for
| information technology is controlled. Of these 500 million euros 300 million
| immediately available. 200 million euros were fixed by the Budget Committee
| of the German Bundestag pending concrete actions blocked....]
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/03/germany-funds-open-source-software.html

A request to sign the FOSS Manifesto

,----[ Quote ]