[News] Evidential Proof That GNU/Linux Servers Are Easier Than Windows

Installation easier on Unix servers

,----[ Quote ]
| Surprisingly, the Unix mail servers were all easier to install than the
| Windows ones!
|
| The four Unix-compatible servers, Communigate Pro, Kerio MailServer, Scalix
| Enterprise Edition and Zimbra Collaboration Suite all fit into our standard
| RedHat system quickly and simply, with minimal confusion.
|
| In contrast, MDaemon, Alt-N's Windows-only tool, showed up without an
| installation manual and three anonymously named applications, leaving us
| confused about the order to install them or what to do once the three
| applications were installed. We eventually found an incomplete installation
| guide, contributed by a third party, posted on the MDaemon knowledge base.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2009/030909-exchange-alternatives-test-installation.html

Related:

Christer Edwards: Ubuntu 7.10 vs Windows XP : The Story of the Hotel Printer

,----[ Quote ]
| I then click print in Evince and out comes the document.  Done.  You know,
| people still insist on telling me that they don’t want to run Linux because
| its harder, or that Windows XP just works for what they want to do.  Are you
| kidding me?  Just this evening it took me twice as much work to *try* and
| print something, which never worked.  Ubuntu “just worked”… go figure.
`----

http://www.linuxindex.com/2007/11/08/christer-edwards-ubuntu-710-vs-windows-xp-the-story-of-the-hotel-printer/

Linux is Easier to Install than Windows!

,----[ Quote ]
| A brief, but honest description of why Linux is better than Windows!
`----

http://www.utopiatheory.com/index.php?id=11

The Perception that Windows is Easier to Use than Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com/2006/07/31/the-perception-that-windows-is-easier-to-use-than-ubuntu/