[News] Linux, Unlike Windows, Runs Both Linux and Windows Programs

So you want to run windows programs on Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| My point of view in this matter is quite simple. If you wish to run windows
| programs then use windows. If you wish to run Linux and windows programs then
| either use an emulator, wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) or a virtual machine.
| If none of those solutions are suitable then stop thinking about using Linux.
| Stop complaining that you will use Linux if only it could run this program.
| Either use the operating system the program was designed for or use an
| alternative program designed for the operating system you wish to use.
|
| [...]
|
| Just because windows programs do not work on Linux does not mean that it is
| not ready for the desktop. Under normal usage Linux has no problems and is
| much better than windows in many ways. Wanting to run a different operating
| systems programs under Linux can in no way shape or form be considered normal
| usage.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/so-you-want-to-run-windows-programs-on-linux-30372

Wine might have better Windows compatibility than Vista.

Recent:

The Wine development release 1.1.16 is now available.

,----[ Quote ]
| What's new in this release (see below for details):
|   - Improved SANE scanner support.
|   - Support for digital CD audio playback.
|   - Improved cookies management in Wininet.
|   - Support for building stand-alone 16-bit modules.
|   - Many fixes to the regression tests on Windows.
|   - Various bug fixes.
`----

http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.16

Run Safari 4 Beta on Linux with Wine