[News] Novell Committed Commercial Suicide with Microsoft

Red Hat and Novell: Heading In Opposite Directions?

,----[ Quote ]
| Check out the one-year stock charts for Novell (NOVL) and Red Hat (RHT).
| Neither chart is particularly impressive, but the trends are unmistakable. As
| the economy went from bad to worse in calendar year 2008, Wall Street lost
| more and more faith in Novell. In stark contrast, sometime in late November
| 2008 — amid heightened credit crunch concerns — financial pundits started
| betting heavier and heavier on Red Hat shares.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/03/03/red-hat-and-novell-heading-in-opposite-directions/

Never bet against the community of developers.

TomTom cartoon:

Comux 001010

http://bushweed.blogspot.com/2009/03/comux-001010.html

"We should whack them (Dell over Linux dealings), we should make sure they
understand our value."

        --Paul Flessner, MS Senior Vice President, Server Applications Unit

Recent:

The OpenSuse FAQ touched me in a bad place

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/the-opensuse-faq-touched-me-in-a-bad-place/