Re: [News] [Rival] Double-digit Paycuts at Criminal Organisation Microsoft

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Double-digit Paycuts at Criminal Organisation Microsoft
  • From: Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:45:34 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2009-03-01, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Temp giant Volt informs workers it will make Microsoft pay cuts
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Volt Workforce Solutions, believed to be the largest provider of Microsoft
>| temporary workers, informed them tonight that it will be cutting their pay by
>| 10 percent as a result of the Redmond company's decision to reduce the amount
>| it pays employment firms. Volt joins most but not all of the other firms in
>| deciding to pass some or all of the impact of the cuts on to their workers.
> `----
>
> http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Temp_giant_Volt_to_join_in_Microsoft_pay_cuts_40459297.html

It's between them and the workers, who are all temps. But why not cut
the number of workers sent to the monopoly instead of cutting pay and
sending the same number? Force their hand. If they want the same number
of people they should have to pay for it IMO.

Just curious. Either way most or all don't do so well.

I was a temp a couple of times some years ago. I got paid more than the
regular workers did. But that's because there weren't any benefits
attached. That's what companies want temp workers for in the first
place, to avoid the compliance and benefits costs (usually averaging
around 110% of what the US worker gets paid).

--
You are so boring that when I see you my feet go to sleep.