[News] Firefox Extensions for Extra Security; Filezilla Rave

Seven Must-Have Firefox Security Add-Ons

,----[ Quote ]
| Mobile workers who access the Internet from laptops while traveling can pose
| a serious security threat to your network. That's because laptops are more
| vulnerable to malicious software and hacker attacks when they are not
| protected by corporate security systems. When the mobile worker returns to
| his office and connects to the corporate network, a compromised laptop can
| spread malware throughout the organization or cause a company-wide security
| breach.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6682/1/

Filezilla - The open source way to FTP

,----[ Quote ]
| For me, Filezilla is the only way to go as far as FTP’ing data back and forth
| between my computer and the server my data resides on. Of course, I’m a bit
| biased because Filezilla is open source software distributed free of charge
| under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
|
| [...]
|
| Now I know many of you have your own preferred FTP applications and if
| they’re Windows-based, you most certainly paid for them. Well, this is one
| feature of Filezilla that shines well above…it’s free! I mean, why pay for
| something when you can get a program for free that outshines the others? That
| and the fact it works so well should make it the #1 choice for anyone out
| there that needs an excellent FTP program.
`----

http://themysticbird.com/2009/02/27/filezilla-the-open-source-way-to-ftp/

Recent:

Why is Firefox so popular?

,----[ Quote ]
| The only field where Firefox beats all competitors is when it comes to
| extensions. Though there an amazing amount of well-designed and useful
| extensions (or widgets) for Opera, and a few extensions for Internet
| Explorer, the real master of extensions is Firefox. Its open source code
| combined with a decent market share apparently is a very attractive
| combination to developers and resulted in more than 5000 Firefox extensions
| in just a few years (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/customize/), and
| the number of extensions is growing rapidly.
`----

http://mckooiker.byethost5.com/blog/?p=123

10 essential Firefox add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| ONE of the cool things about Firefox is that you can customize the browser
| with third-party add-ons to make it work better for you.
|
| Adding an extension is easy. On Firefox 3, simply go to the Tools menu and
| choose Add-ons. On the Get Add-ons tab, click on the “Browse All Add-ons”
| link. This takes you to the Firefox Add-ons Web site, which organizes more
| than 5,000 extensions that are organized into categories. Find one you like
| and click on the “Add to Firefox” button to install it.
`----

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business6_dec2_2008

Top 50+ Social Networking Firefox Add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| We have collected a big list of Firefox add-ons that will bring our social
| networking life into the browser. Here are more than 50 "must have" Firefox
| tools, toolbars and add-ons for every social networking user.
`----

http://infopirate.org/_top-50-social-networking-firefox-addons

Top 40 Firefox plugins, extensions and add-ons

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure%20/2008/11/02/top-40-firefox-plugins-extensions-and-add-ons/