[News] More Linux Events Coming: LinuxFest and LinuxTag

The SouthEast LinuxFest

,----[ Quote ]

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxTag is the most important place for Linux and open source software in
| Europe. In 2009, the 15th LinuxTag presents news for professional users,
| decision makers, developers, beginners and the Linux community - from 24th
| until 27th June on the Fairground in Berlin.

Linux Professional Institute's 10th Anniversary at LinuxTag Berlin (June 24-27,

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Professional Institute (LPI), the world's premier Linux
| certification organization (http://wwwlpi.org), announced a program of events
| and activities at LinuxTag, Berlin, Germany (June 24-27, 2009) in celebration
| of the organization's 10th anniversary.

Grid solutions track at Linux Days, 5 June, Geneva, Switzerland

,----[ Quote ]
| Can grid technology give your company a competitive advantage? The Grid
| Solutions Track organized by the EGEE Business Forum, 5 June 2009, during
| LinuxDays 2009 is designed to illustrate how IT strategists from both the
| private and public sectors can benefit by adopting grid computing.
| “EGEE is now in a position to take a variety of solutions to the market
| through several commercial companies offering gLite based solutions,” says
| Steven Newhouse, Technical Director of EGEE. “This ‘Grid Solutions’ track is
| a prime opportunity to showcase what EGEE and gLite has to offer.”

LinuxCon promises to bridge developer and business communities

,----[ Quote ]
| As the founder and program chair for the Open Source Business Conference, I
| know what a business conference looks like. And as a regular attendee of the
| excellent O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON), I know what a great
| developer event looks like, too.
| But this year's inaugural LinuxCon, put on by the business and
| developer-friendly Linux Foundation, is trying to bring the two worlds
| together this September in Portland.

LinuxCon is Taking Shape, With An Impressive Speaker Roster

Its that time of year again - Software Freedom Day 2009 - Dundee

,----[ Quote ]
| Well its come to that time of year again, that we are starting plan's for
| this years Software Freedom Day. Which will be held on the 19th of September.
| I have sent you this email because you where either involved with last years
| event or you have shown some interest in being involved with this years
| event.
| [...]
| Arron Finnon President Abertay Linux Society

Microsoft Cancels 2009 BI Conference, Schedules It For Every Two Years

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing the recession and cutbacks in travel budgets, Microsoft has canceled
| this year's October Microsoft BI Conference, according to a posting on the
| company's Web site blog.

Microsoft calls off summer picnic, cites need to reduce expenses

,----[ Quote ]
| "The big reason is to pay attention to costs," said Lou Gellos, a Microsoft
| spokesman.

Putting lipstick on a cancelled PDC pig

,----[ Quote ]