Re: [News] The Anti-Linux Police Loses

Hadron wrote:

> GPS <georgeps@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> ____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 28 May 2009 13:39 : \____

>>> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/justice-rules-police-cant-steal-
other-
>> kids-toys

>>> A lot of popular movements come from Massachusetts. They must be
>>> terrified.
>>
>> The US, and the UK have gone insane about the "War on Terrorism."
>
> I never thought I would see the British public sit through this type of
> infringement on their rights:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/whos_watching_you/8064333.stm
>
> ,----
> | A national network of cameras and computers automatically logging car
> | number plates will be in place within months, the BBC has learned.
> |
> | Thousands of Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras are already
> | operating on Britain's roads.
> |
> | Police forces across England, Wales and Scotland will soon be able to
> | share the information on one central computer.
> `----
>
> Who's watching you?

:-)

It's not like the Brits ever had a man named George Orwell, and many others
to learn from.

It's not as if they haven't suffered under the oligarchy, powered by the
slaves in Africa, and opium sales...

"Times change" apparently, and fear is more important than life to some.

Each one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow, or an airplane crashing into
our homes.  There are no guarantees in life.  Would it make sense for me to
declare a war on God?  He is after all the ultimate terrorist (by some
perceptions).  Look at what he did in the book of Job to that poor *good*
man named Job!  There are similar experiences in other religions too.  I'm
not going to start a war against God though.  I'm grateful to have these
experiences.

To me it makes more sense to enjoy life, learn, and live, while enabling
others to do so.  Blame and excuses do little for anyone, because they tend
to negate any learning.  Good and respectful leaders lead by developing and
portraying their perceptions of a common good for all people, and thus they
do not lead by force.  Good leaders fear and love the people they lead.

-George