[News] LinuxCon and Other Upcoming Linux Events

LinuxCon promises to bridge developer and business communities

,----[ Quote ]
| As the founder and program chair for the Open Source Business Conference, I
| know what a business conference looks like. And as a regular attendee of the
| excellent O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON), I know what a great
| developer event looks like, too.
|
| But this year's inaugural LinuxCon, put on by the business and
| developer-friendly Linux Foundation, is trying to bring the two worlds
| together this September in Portland.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10249386-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

LinuxCon is Taking Shape, With An Impressive Speaker Roster

http://ostatic.com/blog/linuxcon-is-taking-shape-with-an-impressive-speaker-roster

Its that time of year again - Software Freedom Day 2009 - Dundee

,----[ Quote ]
| Well its come to that time of year again, that we are starting plan's for
| this years Software Freedom Day. Which will be held on the 19th of September.
| I have sent you this email because you where either involved with last years
| event or you have shown some interest in being involved with this years
| event.
|
| [...]
|
| Arron Finnon President Abertay Linux Society
`----

http://thelinuxsociety.org.uk/content/its-that-time-of-year-again-software-freedom-day-2009-dundee

Linux is getting all the parties now. Microsoft cancels its own.

Recent:

Microsoft Cancels 2009 BI Conference, Schedules It For Every Two Years

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing the recession and cutbacks in travel budgets, Microsoft has canceled
| this year's October Microsoft BI Conference, according to a posting on the
| company's Web site blog.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/217000139;jsessionid=CNK2VEB0UQI3SQSNDLPCKHSCJUNN2JVN

Microsoft calls off summer picnic, cites need to reduce expenses

,----[ Quote ]
| "The big reason is to pay attention to costs," said Lou Gellos, a Microsoft
| spokesman.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_calls_off_summer_picnic_cites_ongoing_need_to_cut_costs_43646927.html

Related: