[News] Interview with Co-Creator Of Mozilla Bespin, Firefox-Derived Browser (Flock 2.5) Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Interview with Co-Creator Of Mozilla Bespin, Firefox-Derived Browser (Flock 2.5) Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:15:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Five Questions With Dion Almaer - Co-Creator Of Mozilla Bespin

,----[ Quote ]
| Dion Almaer is a name you will find 80,700 results for when searching on
| Google, so it is clear that people know how Dion Almaer is however, let's
| kick this interview of with, like the shower scene in a slasher movie, the
| obligatory first question, who is Dion Almaer?
|
| Haha, yeah, I guess people could find a lot about me if they wanted huh? :) I
| am a Brit who moved to the US many moons ago and now live in the bay area,
| California. Some may know my work at Ajaxian.com, which is a blog discussing
| Ajax technology. I founded that blog with my partner in crime, Ben Galbraith,
| and we recently had a chance to join forces at Mozilla to startup a new
| Developer Tools Lab together. Bespin is the first experiment out from that
| lab.
`----

http://www.opensourcereleasefeed.com/interview/show/five-questions-with-dion-almaer-co-creator-of-mozilla-bespin

Flock 2.5 Delivers the Promise of Social Media on the Web

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s been a long time in coming, but with the 2.5 release, the Flock folks
| have pulled all of the pieces together to deliver a cohesive “Social Web
| Browser.” The 2.5 release of Flock, coupled with the increasing mainstream
| interest in social media, might just be enough to make Flock more than a
| niche browser for Web 2.0 junkies.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7339/

Recent:

Mozilla asks developers to take Bespin for a spin

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has spun out Bespin for developers to run naked and free in an
| extensible web-based code editing paradise that promotes open relationships
| standards.
|
| The not-for-profit outfit said yesterday that the project, which has been
| under development for several months, would act as a collaborative working
| space for coders who use HTML5 features to fiddle with.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/13/mozilla_bespin/

What Mozilla's Bespin Bespeaks

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most interesting developments in the open source world is the way
| that Mozilla has changed in recent years. What started out as a (slightly
| shambolic) attempt to hack a decent browser out of the wreckage of the
| Netscape Communicator code, has turned into arguably one of the two or three
| most important forces in free software today (you can draw up your own list).
|
| [...]
|
| You can see that Bespin is ticking all the Mozilla boxes, but what's also
| striking is that this is a Web-based project: Mozilla is entering the cloud.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1858&blogid=14

IDE in the cloud: Mozilla Labs' browser-based IDE prototype

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/02/ide-in-the-cloud-mozilla-labs-browser-based-ide-prototype.ars

Introducing Bespin

,----[ Quote ]
| As we strive to evolve the Open Web as a robust platform for application
| development, we believe in the potential for web-based code editors to
| increase developer productivity, enable compelling user experiences, and
| promote the use of open standards.
`----

http://labs.mozilla.com/2009/02/introducing-bespin/

Last year: