[News] More Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux, This Time Rugged and Small

Feature-packed UMPC survives four-foot drops

,----[ Quote ]
| Data Ltd announced a ruggedized UMPC (ultra-mobile PC) claimed to survive
| multiple four-foot drops onto concrete. The Linux-compatible "DLI 8400" uses
| a 1.6GHz Atom processor, has hard disk or SSD (solid state disk) storage, and
| operates for nine hours via two hot-swappable batteries, the company says.

At last! Moblin has made Linux look cool!

,----[ Quote ]
| Moblin, though, is different. It's not a boiler. It's sleek, it's slick, it's
| almost sexy.
|
| So naturally, somebody's going to bugger it up. Of course they will. It's
| Linux!
|
| Instead of a single version of Moblin, there's going to be loads, and netbook
| firms are going to muck around with it, and we're going to end up with the
| same old confusion that stops Linux from breaking through and becoming the OS
| your mum, dad and grandparents use.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/at-last-moblin-has-made-linux-look-cool--602521

First look: Intel's Moblin 2.0 Linux desktop for netbooks

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=4414

Recent:

Linux To Regain 50% Netbook Market Share

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/05/linux-to-regain-50-netbook-mar.html