[News] Linux Phones Spread to China "OPhone"

HTC plans Android-based 'OPhone' for China

,----[ Quote ]
| For a holiday, it's been an eventful day in the world of HTC-Android-phone
| news. First came those leaked internal AT&T documents that showed, among
| other things, a new HTC Android device called the Lancaster that's supposedly
| targeted for an August U.S. launch. Now comes word of HTC's plans, starting
| next month, to sell an Android-powered smartphone in China, the world's
| largest wireless market.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10248999-1.html

New Open Source Mobile Phone Targets Business Users: Report

,----[ Quote ]
| Also consider this: For a few months, now, analysts have been calling for
| flexible open source platforms to fuel sales of smartphones, which some say
| will double their share of the entire cell phone market by 2013.
|
| [...]
|
| Officials at the international firm, whose U.S. headquarters are in Boston,
| say support from developers, vendors and operators is driving adoption of the
| open source devices.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/56723-new-open-source-mobile-phone-targets-business-users.htm

Recent:

Analyst forecasts 900% Android phone sales growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Android-based smartphones will ship in massive numbers this year - at least
| compared to last year's total, market watcher Strategy Analytics has
| forecast.
|
| In its latest report, the firm predicted that Android smartphone shipments
| will increase a whopping 900 per cent during 2009 over last year. Shipments
| of Apple’s iPhone will grow 79 per cent this year, SA said.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/05/11/strategy_analyitcs_android/

T-Mobile to Launch Many Android Devices Later This Year

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile USA is looking to introduce Android-based devices from three
| different manufacturers, Cole Brodman, chief technology officer of the
| company, said in a conversation with me earlier today. Android is a mobile OS
| developed by Mountain View, Calif.-based technology giant, Google.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/05/08/t-mobile-to-launch-many-android-devices-later-this-year/

Developers ignore Symbian's derision of Android

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10172760-16.html