Re: [News] The Sun Only Powers GNU/Linux

www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/05/spanish-solar-powered-bio-degradable-netbook/

>> This is cute!  Computers are famous for filling landfills and not being
>> easily recycled.  Well, here you go- biodegradable computers.  I'd never
>> thought that I'd see one of these so soon...
>
> "The catch (isn’t there always a catch?) is that they are not yet real,
> at least not in a yes-you-can-buy-one kind of way."
>
> It sounds good...

I would like to test one out.  I wonder how it will feel like (texture-wise)
lol.

> Using a mips processor... I'd prefer ARM. I reckon the ARM performs
> better.

I can't wait for those ARM computers!

> The so-called "green" machine only has the case made from biodegradable
> materials, the guts will still be poisonous.

It's a start!  :)

>> This reminds me of one school that made a blacktop basketball court out
>> of
>> old sneakers.  It had an interesting color to it, though.
>
> I bet it had an interesting "old socks" odour to it as well....

I don't think it did haha.  :)  It had a tan shade with multicolored
speckles, kinda like confetti.