Re: [News] Review of CrunchBang GNU/Linux

Sinister Midget wrote:

> It took far more than an hour to boot /pre-installed/ Vista the first
> time. And it wasn't even ready until it did a reboot and ground away
> for more than another hour. When it was all said and done, the only
> thing there was a bunch of paid advertising for crapware nobody even
> wants.

When I got Vista two years ago on my brand-new laptop, I was annoyed at all
of the advertising on the desktop.  I didn't need a desktop program for CNN
and Ebay.  I learned to keep my hard drive clean, and I make sure to remove
old files.

> Ubuntu (and all the rest) don't take nearly as long as Vista did before
> the reboot. And there's stuff there that's useful once those linuces
> are finished.

I remember having to reboot multiple times when I got Vista for the first
time, too.  Just when I thought things were over- here came another
restart!