Re: LONG [News Digest] Mark Kent Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceding 22-05-09

Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> The CLIophobia of the Linux Newbie
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| CLIophobia (n): An irrational fear of operating ones' computer using the
>>| Command Line Interface. Sometimes referred to as Terminal Angst.
>> `----
>>
>> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3821086/
>
>     I notice my own perspective is changing as I learn how liberating it is
>     to have control over so many things, and I'm astonished how quickly
>     I've abandoned what one tech writer called the "learned
>     helplessness" of Windows. Now if something goes wrong it isn't
>     the end of the world -- I just set out to fix it!"
>
> "Learned helplessness".
>
> Eek!

Windows' world of regression...  linux' world of growth.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |