[News] The The Free Software Pact Launched in Europe

Open Source joins European election battle

,----[ Quote ]
| THE FREE SOFTWARE movement is trying to recruit European election candidates
| to fight big software business interests in Brussels.
|
| Campaign group The Free Software Pact has already recruited 96 candidates in
| France and Italy. This week it appointed open source operator, Mark Taylor,
| to lobby candidates in the UK. It is also establishing campaigns in Germany
| and Spain.
|
| Mark Taylor told the INQ: "A massive amount of the politics that's relevant
| to free software happens in Europe. Its phenomenaly important for people who
| care to ask their MEP candidate to sign the Free Software Pact."
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1137454/open-source-joins-european-election-battle

The Free Software Pact

,----[ Quote ]
| As regular readers of these posts will have noticed, politic issues are
| starting to impinge more and more on the world of free software and openness
| in general. I think that's the result of two trends.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/05/free-software-pact.html

Recent:

British Transport Police Choose ISM Web Open Source Intranet GIS Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| The British Transport Police (BTP) has chosen Spatial Technology’s ISM Web
| Open Source based GIS mapping solution for deployment across its whole
| organisation. Significantly this decision follows close on the heels of the
| Government’s latest pronouncement on Open Source software which recommends
| more widespread consideration and adoption across the public sector.
`----

http://www.directionsmag.com/press.releases/index.php?duty=Show&id=30729

Linux s'il vous plaît: French Gendarmie say oui to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23763/1143/