[News] 16% of Employees in 6,000-People Company to Run GNU/Linux

Italian Firm Chucks Microsoft for FOSS: Why Don't More Follow?

,----[ Quote ]
| About 1,000 of the company's 6,000 employees use computers and will move to
| Red Hat's platform and IBM Lotus Symphony--a free software suite with
| long-standing open source roots, although it's not developed as open source
| any longer. The company will also switch from Microsoft Exchange to an IBM
| Lotus Notes and Domino environment hosted on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This
| is the type of solution that many other companies should look into.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/italian-firm-chucks-microsoft-for-foss-why-dont-more-follow

Italian Food Distributor Cuts Costs with IBM

,----[ Quote ]
| The company is now migrating some of these employees to a Red Hat (News -
| Alert) Enterprise Linux Desktop client operating system and IBM Lotus
| Symphony, open standards-based word processing, spreadsheets, and
| presentations.
`----

http://it.tmcnet.com/topics/it/articles/56635-italian-food-distributor-cuts-costs-with-ibm.htm

Recent:

Microsoft and Its Three Biggest Threats

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft sees Linux as a much more significant competitor, even though its
| share of the desktop OS market is small. Here's why: "I think the dynamic
| with Linux is changing somewhat," Ballmer said at the meeting. "I assume
| we're going to see Android-based, Linux-based laptops, in addition to phones.
| We'll see Google more as a competitor in the desktop operating system
| business than we ever have before."
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/eur/article.php/3808396

Microsoft CEO Scoffs at Mac Share Gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve has a surprising view of the computing universe to put Linux before
| Apple. Most certainly, Linux's larger server share puts it overall ahead of
| Mac OS. But Steve wasn't talking about server here, but Windows client. So
| why rank Apple behind Linux?
`----

http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/macbook/microsoft_ceo_scoffs_at_mac_share_gains.html

Linux Foundation CEO: Linux is "fastest growing platform"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/04/linux-foundation-ceo-linux-is-fastest-growing-platform.ars