Re: [News] The Sun Only Powers GNU/Linux

Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2009-05-22, Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The so-called "green" machine only has the case made from biodegradable
>>> materials, the guts will still be poisonous.
>>
>> But then, there's no way around that. Circuits require conductors.
>> Semiconductors require doping (usually using toxic elements such as arsenic)
>> Solder may not use lead anymore, but the flux is still toxic...
>
> I think they should be built to last, not to be biodegradable. Why can't
> they be built to be expandable? That was the original aim of the x86 PC
> wasn't it?

I think the original PC was designed to be cheap and nasty.
Otherwise, they'd've used a decent architecture, like motorola.
--
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|   Andrew Halliwell BSc   | "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't |