[News] Mozilla News and New Firefox Icon Progress

about:mozilla - Design Challenge, Personas, Fennec, SUMO, Labs, Mobile, MozEdu,
hybrid orgs, and more…

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
|     * New Labs Design Challenge!
|     * Personas update released
|     * Fennec Alpha 1 for Windows Mobile
|     * SUMO: Part of Mozilla’s periscope
|     * Subscribe to the SUMO newsletter!
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/05/19/aboutmozilla/
http://tinyurl.com/quf5ln

New Firefox Icon: Iteration 4 + Modified Creative Direction

,----[ Quote ]
| Note: this is a draft icon rendering for Firefox 3.5, subsequent iterations
| will be posted every 24 hours or so. Also note that while these drafts appear
| with numbers and in a chronological order, each draft experiments with a
| variety of different ideas as we try things out to see what they look like.
| It’s better not to think of these as a formal sequence, but rather a series
| of experimentations to explore the overall design space.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2009/05/20/new-firefox-icon-iteration-4-modified-creative-direction/

Recent:

Creative Brief for the New Firefox Icon

,----[ Quote ]
| The overall direction for the next phase of the Firefox icon’s design is
| going to be primarily based on some conceptual sketches and renders created
| in 2007 by Jon Hicks, the designer who rendered the original Firefox icon.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2009/05/15/creative-brief-for-the-new-firefox-icon/

New Firefox Icon: Iteration 1

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2009/05/15/new-firefox-icon-iteration-1/

New Firefox Icon: Concept Rendering by Stephen Horlander

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2009/05/17/new-firefox-icon-concept-rendering-by-stephen-horlander/