Re: [News] Free Software Breaks Another World Record

Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2009-05-20, wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I've heard of xulrunner before.  I don't know too much about it, though.
>> :( It's good to wait until you are sure that the app will work well with
>> your
>> box.  I tend to be daring and install new stuff.  Maybe I should give
>> Fedora a try, since it's a distro with bleeding-edge software.
>
> Xulrunner is the library behind firefox. In fact you could say that it
> *is* firefox... the firefox module merely a gui bolted onto the
> xulrunner engine.

So Xulrunner is running the show here, I see.  Firefox has a lot of
interesting aspects to it, and I learn something new everyday.

>> Yep!  Here's the link: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/
>
> Hmmm... I wasn't counted as part of the record, but it's compiled and
> installed on 3 machines at home.

I have my certificate as a .pdf.  I think lots of people installed Firefox 3
after the world record timeframe because the servers were *so* busy.