[News] KDE4 Shows Some Very Exciting New Features

The KDE 4.3 beta: KDE Returns to Incremental Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| The last sixteen months have been intense for the KDE desktop. The release of
| KDE 4.0 brought a user revolt that was only partly subdued by the 4.1
| release, and did not completely quiet down until the 4.2 release last January
| with its emphasis on usability.
|
| [...]
|
| For those tired of a static desktop, the KDE 4 series already has the slide
| show option for wallpaper. Now, in the 4.3 beta, you also have options called
| Virus and Mandelbrot, which slowly alter the desktop, or Weather, which
| changes the wallpaper with the weather report.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3821211/

Integrate Google Gadgets with Plasma in Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of KDE 4.2, Google Gadgets became fully integrated into
| Plasma. You can add them to your desktop with a few clicks of your mouse,
| unless you happen to be a Kubuntu user. For reasons that are outside the
| scope of this article, Kubuntu developers decided to remove the Google Gadget
| code from Plasma. Being the stubborn hackers that we are, however, we are
| going to get them back. This will require a little compiling of software, but
| I will walk you through each step.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/05/integrate-google-gadgets-with-plasma-in.html

Recent:

8 KDE 4 Distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many KDE distributions, but some have refused to move to KDE 4 and
| have stayed with KDE 3.5 instead like Mepis, Sidux and Slax. Here is a list
| of KDE 4 distributions to help distro-hoppers with their searching...
`----

http://repasik.com/home/2009/05/04/8-kde-4-distros/

First view of KDE's Social Desktop

,----[ Quote ]