Re: [News] Dell Releases More Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux

On 2009-05-20, Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>>   this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> One Third of Dell Inspiron Mini 9s Sold Run Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blog.laptopmag.com/one-third-of-dell-inspiron-mini-9s-sold-run-linux
>>
>> Liars!  Microsoft has 96% of the market!
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if you are trolling or a reverse troll. Surely
> you can not be such a demented suck up that you purposely read
> impossible statistics into things in order to get flipped another doggy
> drop?
>
> One third of Dell Inspiron Minis having Linuxx means 66% of THEM are
> Windows. Other netbook manufacturers have even STOPPED selling Linux on
> them.

    So? Dell is one of the top 3 desktop vendors with Apple being one
of the other 3. Dell by itself accounts for selling more netbooks than
can be accounted for by the bogus Lemming marketshare numbers.

[deletia]

--
     If it were really about "being good", then Microsoft would       |||
have been put out of business by Apple before the first line of      / | \