Re: debt

GreyCloud wrote:
> Well, first you have to understand debt.  Ever since 1913, the Federal
> Reserve Act, this has created a debt based monetary system.
> That means if you borrow money you have to pay interest.

A "debt based monetary system" means that money is created when debt is
created. It is perfectly possible to have a value based monetary system
where "if you borrow money you have to pay interest".

> Very few have looked into the past history of this country to realize that
> our fore fathers have not paid any interests on their loans.  This
> country, originally, was run from imposts, duties and tariffs with no
> income tax to pay off the interests to the private Federal Reserve.  If
> anyone thinks it is federal and part of the federal government, they then
> should ask if Federal Express is part of the government.

Now days and for most of last century, it is the banks that create the money
and that is the root cause of lots of problems, including the current
financial and economic crises.

Regards.