[News] [Rival] Microsoft to Betray Phone Partners

Microsoft confirms Izune in June

,----[ Quote ]
| IT LOOKS LIKE Microsoft is getting closer to launching the Zune phone we told
| you about earlier, here and here.
|
| We have been saying for a while that the launch is quite imminent, production
| snafu's aside, and Microsoft just confirmed it.
|
| [...]
|
| Hold off? Why, so you can be disappointed by the new Ibrick SP3, then go out
| and buy an Iphone or Pre? So you can feel the warm fuzzyness of owning a
| Izune, and by that I mean the heat of the Nvidia chipset burning your leg?
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1137304/ms-confirms-izune-june

Could this be the hardware spec for Microsoft's Pink phone?

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=2752

Microsoft's software profitability erodes (profit down over 30%). They tried to
sell hardware with Zune and XBox. They failed miserably.

Recent:

Windows Mobile Users Complain About Upgrade Policy

,----[ Quote ]
| While the answers a Windows Mobile executive provided to questions posted to
| a Facebook discussion provided very little information, the questions posed
| by 55 fans hint at what users want in the mobile platform.
|
| Aaron Woodman, director for consumer experiences for Windows Mobile, invited
| anyone to submit questions about Windows Mobile on a Facebook page. When he
| began posting answers more than two weeks later, his most common response was
| along the lines of "nothing to announce."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162826/windows_mobile_users_complain_about_upgrade_policy.html

Controversy Erupts Over Possible MS Mobile App Fee

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft may charge developers if they submit within a year more than five
| applications or application updates to the Windows Mobile Marketplace, a move
| that has some developers concerned that the store won't be able to compete
| with the iPhone App Store or the Android Market.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162046/controversy_erupts_over_possible_ms_mobile_app_fee.html?tk=rss_news

Microsoft kills Windows Mobile honeycomb

,----[ Quote ]
| VOLE HAS CHANGED the distinctive honeycomb interface on the new Windows
| Mobile 6.5 following shedloads of complaints.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/472/1051472/microsoft-kills-windows-mobile-honeycomb

Windows Mobile Is Still Immobile

,----[ Quote ]
| News Analysis. My reaction to today's Microsoft announcements coming out of
| the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona: Too little. Too late. Too bad.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/desktop_mobile/windows_mobile_is_still_immobile.html

Windows Mobile misses annual shipment target

,----[ Quote ]
| Lees, a veteran Microsoft executive who moved from the Server & Tools unit in
| February, attributed the lower-than-projected Windows Mobile sales to some
| devices coming to market slightly later than previously expected. He declined
| to say which ones.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/144818.asp?source=rss

Why Windows Mobile Is In Trouble