[News] Legal Attacks on Filesharing Dropped, MAFIAA Lies Big Time

Major law firm drops filesharing threats

,----[ Quote ]
| Davenport Lyons, the high profile London media law firm, has dropped its mass
| letter writing campaign on behalf of copyright holders, which accused
| internet users of illegal filesharing and threatened court action if they did
| not quickly pay hundreds of pounds compensation.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/12/davenport_lyons_acs_law/

RIAA's campaign against file sharers continues

,----[ Quote ]
| I find the RIAA's actions over the past few months rather hypocritical, and
| completely detrimental towards stopping file sharing.
`----

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15921-RIAAs-campaign-against-file-sharers-continues.html

Approximately 62 new cases filed by RIAA in April

,----[ Quote ]
| Based upon a quick examination of the records in PACER, I detected 62 new
| cases brought by the RIAA against individuals in the month of April alone.
`----

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/#41594001853414387

Recent:

RIAA boss: Move copyright filtering from ISPs to users’ PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| The issue of encryption "would have to be faced," Sherman admitted after
| talking about the wonders of filtering. "One could have a filter on the end
| user's computer that would actually eliminate any benefit from encryption
| because if you want to hear [the music], you would need to decrypt it, and at
| that point the filter would work."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080207-riaa-boss-spyware-could-solve-the-encryption-problem.html

NBC to Apple: Build antipiracy into iTunes

,----[ Quote ]
| NBC Universal would like to have its TV shows distributed once again through
| Apple's iTunes service, a top executive said Wednesday, but he called for
| antipiracy measures to help protect his business' revenue.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9920399-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Senator: Let's monitor P2P for illegal files

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9920665-7.html