[News] Big Companies Do Business with Free/Open Source Software

How Sun and Oracle are Using Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems and Oracle offer insight into the motives behind
| accelerating their involvement in open source projects. Matthew Sacks
| describes how these major players are pioneering their own software products
| by more actively using open source and virtualization technologies.
`----

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/sun-oracle-using-open-source/

The Open Source For IT Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Effort aims to bring an open source style approach to standards to the
| broader community of IT management systems vendors and projects.

Allianz removes walls of paper with open source ECM

,----[ Quote ]
| After a three-month evaluation process, Allianz selected the open source
| Alfresco ECM with support from local IT consultancy Lateral Minds.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/302835/allianz_removes_walls_paper_open_source_ecm

Eucalyptus Systems takes public clouds private

,----[ Quote ]
| Eucalyptus uses an application packaging technology that impersonates the
| public cloud in a data center, he explained. It uses Web service protocols
| the company created to satisfy service requests, and it is now making them
| available as open source.
`----

http://sdtimes.com/link/33464

Recent:

What Oracle gets with MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| MySQL, in other words, is a great example of how Oracle can make open source
| pay. MySQL is much more like Oracle than I originally thought.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10227921-16.html

As Oracle Becomes Java's Steward, It's Also a Big Player in Mobile Tech

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/as-oracle-becomes-javas-steward-its-also-a-big-player-in-mobile-tech