[News] Vista is Broken So GNU/Linux Takes Its Place

Ubuntu (Jaunty) vs Windows (Vista)

,----[ Quote ]
| I complained in a previous post about how much my windows machine has let me
| down and how much I was ruing my decision to get a Mac. Anyway my saviour has
| come in the form of the latest version of Ubuntu.
`----

http://creativephotons.blogspot.com/2009/05/ubuntu-jaunty-vs-windows-vista.html

Related:

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows-Vista-Sold-but-not-deployed/0,130061733,339284495,00.htm

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

| Lenovo.

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579

PCLinuxOS 2008 Gnome on new laptop.

,----[ Quote ]
| I then added the KDE desktop environment and was all set. My startup time is
| around 30 seconds and shutdown even less. I have the 3D Compiz Fusion running
| and everyone at work was really impressed by the speed and look. Texstar and
| crew really outdid themselves on this one. As of now, there is no way VISTA
| will ever be re-installed. The only thing I regret is that I had to pay for
| VISTA, and it counts as a sale for Microsoft. I wonder what the actual
| figures are for VISTA usage, and how many people have done what I did, and
| upgrade to Linux?
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10008386o-2000334184b,00.htm

Acer bets big on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer has stated that it will be pushing Linux aggressively on its laptops and
| netbooks.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2218172/acer-pushes-linux-hard

Microsoft sees slide in profits