[News] Newsletters Galore for GNU/Linux (Microsoft Shuts Down Own Magazines)

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 44

,----[ Quote ]
| · Editorial: Ubuntu Muslim Edition Is Now Known as Sabily
| · First Look: Linux Mint 7 RC1
| Distributions announced last week:
| · Linux Mint 7 Release Candidate Is Here
| · Parted Magic 4.1 Brings GParted 0.4.5
| Other News: Transmission for Linux reaches 1.6.0 and KDE 4.2.3 is now
| available
| Tutorial of the Week: Installing Ubuntu 9.04
| Tutorial of the Week: How to Install OpenOffice.org 3.1 on Ubuntu 9.04
| Video Clip of the Week: Linux Mint 7 Appearance
| New Distributions: Chaox and Lin-X
| Distributions Updated Last Week: KDE 4 Live CD 1.2.3, Bauer-Puntu Linux 9.04,
| R.I.P. 8.5 and more...
| Development Releases: Caixa Magica 14 RC1, Kongoni 1.12.2 Alpha and more...
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-44-111257.shtml

DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 302, 11 May 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| With mobile computing being the next operating system battleground, it's
| hardly surprising that many industry players are focusing on these
| increasingly popular devices. One of the most promising among them, Moblin,
| has been through some major changes recently, both in terms of ownership and
| development goals. Read our feature story for the roundup of its recent past
| and probable future to learn more about the project. In the news section,
| Debian ditches the GNU C Library in favour of the more flexible Embedded
| GLIBC, Fedora finalises all features for the upcoming Leonidas release which
| includes delta support for RPMs, Slackware switches to packages compressed
| with LZMA compression mechanism, and the Ubuntu community looks to create yet
| another derivative based on the LXDE. Finally, don't miss our tips and trick
| section which provides a step-by-step guide of upgrading a stable Mandriva
| Linux 2009.1 to the latest Cooker, Mandriva's bleeding-edge development
| branch.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090511

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 141

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 141 for the weeks May 3rd -
| May 9th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Monthly BugSquad Meeting: May 12th,
| Jaunty Jackalope Release parties, What's a build score, then?, byobu 2.0
| released, In The Press and Blogosphere, Ubuntu Podcast #27, Meeting Summaries
| of Technical Board and Ubuntu Server Teams, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue141

Days ago:

Microsoft layoff details emerge

,----[ Quote ]
| More details are emerging today about the Microsoft groups affected, and
| spared, in the company's latest round of job cuts. The company isn't going
| into detail, but blogs and forums are providing plenty of evidence. Layoffs
| are reported to have taken place in groups including MSN Direct, the Massive
| in-game advertising unit, and MSDN Magazine, among others.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_layoff_details_emerge_44481927.html

Microsoft crimps products after second wave of job cuts

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/05/07/microsoft_products_scaled_back/