[News] ARM-based Sub-notebooks Come with GNU/Linux Only, Sell for Around $150

ARM11 MIDs run Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Chinese portable media player (PMP) vendor SmartDevices is selling an
| ARM11-based mobile Internet device (MID) and larger 7-inch screen tablet
| device. Both the SmartQ 5 MID ($150) and SmartQ 7 ($190) devices run Ubuntu
| Linux, and offer WiFi and Bluetooth, according to Chinese retailer EWorld.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7369824937.html?kc=rss

Recent:

ARM Cortex-A8 MID debuts

,----[ Quote ]
| The Beagle MID is "loosely modeled after the Nokia N800" Internet Tablet,
| says HY Research, a small embedded device firm that claims to have developed
| one of the first Linux-based appliances back in 1996. The Beagle MID project,
| including mechanical and electronics work, was said to have consumed about 80
| people hours.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7324374331.html?kc=rss

Nokia MID and Nautilus. New Linux based mobile computers from Nokia

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, today we have info about a couple of more high end touch devices coming
| up from Finnish vendor in late 2009-2010. And, most likely, they are not
| based on Symbian S60.
`----

http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/04/09/nokia-mid-and-nautilus-new-linux-based-mobile-computers-from-nokia/

Foxconn to Manufacture Nokia's Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Finnish mobile phone maker Nokia was reported a while ago to plan on entering
| the netbook market, and the company already started to make steps in this
| regard. Nokia seems to have partnered with Foxconn for the manufacturing of
| its compact mobile computer that was announced back in February at the Mobile
| World Congress in Barcelona.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Foxconn-to-Manufacture-Nokia-039-s-Netbooks-109052.shtml

Nokia to release a netbook?