[News] Linux Celebrates Mother's Day

Why Your Mother Wants You to Use Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| 4. You don't have to ask her for money to buy new computer hardware to cope
| up with the latest software since there are lightweight and
| resource-efficient Linux distros that could make your old computer fly. So
| another money saved and another spa for your mother.
|
| 5. She wants you stop using bad words after a BSOD. Linux rarely crashes so
| she should be happy hearing you say "Wow" instead of "F*@k!" or "S#%t!" :-)
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/05/why-your-mother-wants-you-to-use-linux.html

Happy mother's day, Linus Torvalds

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, May 10th 2009, is Mother's day for many countries around the world
| from Anguilla to Zimbabwe. How fitting, then, to offer a tribute to Linus
| Torvalds, the "mother" of Linux.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24929/1141/

Recent:

Your mom runs Ubuntu? Join the team? She doesn’t yet? Help her. And join the
Team!

,----[ Quote ]
| After having a lot of chats with friends I’s surprised how many of them
| said “Yes, I installed Ubuntu on my mom’s pc.” So I assume there is a growing
| user group which will never pop up in blogs, user groups or fairs: your mom,
| the mom of your friend and mine.
`----

http://www.screenage.de/blog/2008/10/19/your-mom-runs-ubuntu-join-the-team-she-doesnt-yet-help-her-and-join-the-team/

Security and your mother's Linux box