Re: [News] Microsoft's Lock-in Battle in the MSBBC is Lost to Adobe

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> iPlayer uncovered: What powers the BBC's epic creation?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | We had to be on Mac, PC and Linux, so we spent a lot of time analysing
> | solutions that we could use, including what I call 'speed dating'
> | companies that offer solutions in this area. But ultimately we chose
> | Adobe Air for two key reasons: number one, it had a system that allowed
> | our seven-day or 30-day playback to be enabled and controlled on PC, Mac
> | and Linux. That's a requirement of a DRM, not that we want to use DRM,
> | but we're forced to because we make content available for download. It's
> | part of our rights framework.
> `----
>
> http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,39029471,49302215-3,00.htm

Television is dying and so is DRM because the new technology
of internet makes them irrelevant.
The only thing that protects them (unfairly) is the internet
upload speeds.
When internet upload speeds are upped to same as download speeds, everyone
will become their own TV or radio station and the ideas of
DRM will become an irritation as common as having to sign
in to a website to view its contents.