Re: [News] Obama Sued by the EFF for Acting as a Copyright Cartel (and ACTA) Shill

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> EFF sues Obama administration for promised access to secret copyright
> treaty documents
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Rebecca from the Electronic Frontier Foundation sez, "The U.S.
> | government is still blocking the release of information about a secret
> | intellectual property trade agreement with broad implications for
> | privacy and innovation around the world, despite the Obama
> | administration's promises to run a more open government. The
> | Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) could establish far-reaching
> | customs regulations over Internet traffic in the guise of
> | anti-counterfeiting measures, but no one knows for sure the state of
> | this pact, as the government is hiding the details. EFF is calling on
> | the feds to change their minds, and will keep fighting this in court."
> `----
>
> http://www.boingboing.net/2009/05/06/eff-sues-obama-admin.html

ACTA should be torn up and start again but this time without
all that malarky about being able to see it when it is finished.
This is a democracy, and we will see it now thanks.
And add comment as befitting in a democracy driven project.