Re: [News] OpenOffice.org is Getting Even Faster

On 2009-05-07, Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 07 May 2009 03:29:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ chrisv on Thursday 30 April 2009 12:55 : \____

>>> Well, which interpretation allows Quack more opportunity to attack an
>>> advocate of FOSS?
>>
>> If you can't discredit Linux, put off or discredit people. Well, it means Linux
>> does pretty well.
>
> You mean like yours sites do?
>
> Why are you so afraid of Windows and Microsoft?
>
> Why can't you advocate Linux without discrediting Windows or Microsoft?
>
> What scares you so much about other operating systems, Roy Schestowitz?

    What scares me so much about other operating systems?

    They faciliate the creation of bot nets.

    They cause friends and family members to be bothered.

    They generate a lot of annoying broadcast traffic on cable modem nets.

    They are owned by companies that are deathly afraid of competing based
on being a commodity and thus strive to force you to use their product.
(silverlight, iTunes)

--
    In a "stable" but "inconsistent" system, the end user only        |||
    has to adapt once rather than needing to adapt any time a        / | \