[News] Firefox Download Numbers Don't Include Lots of GNU/Linux Preinstalls

Firefox hits 270 million users, without Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source Firefox web browser from Mozilla now has some 270 million
| users. That's the figure that Mozilla staffer Aza Dotzler is now claiming,
| and it's not an easy number to calculate.
|
| How do you count users for an open source application that does not require
| registrations? Downloads aren't accurate, since downloads include the same
| users that could have updated and/or downloaded revisions.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/05/firefox-hits-270-million-users.html

about:mozilla - Mozilla Service Week, poetry + pragmatics, Spread Firefox, AMO,
Creative Collective, Personas, and more…

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
|     * Mozilla Service Week: Be the difference!
|     * John Lilly on poetry and pragmatics
|     * A new look for the Spread Firefox project
|     * Creative Collective and building social capital
|     * Geolocation in Firefox 3.5 and Fennec
|     * Improvements to Firefox.com
|     * Creative Collective site design: round 1
|     * Mozilla.org redesign: round 3
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/05/05/aboutmozilla-mozilla-service-week-poetry-pragmatics-spread-firefox-amo-creative-collective-personas-and-more/
http://tinyurl.com/c4cdbb

Mozilla confirms geolocation for Firefox 3.5 and Fennec

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla’s Doug Turner has officially announced geolocation as a newly
| integrated feature in the upcoming Firefox 3.5 and its mobile variant,
| currently code-named Fennec. The new opt-in feature allows users to share
| their location with websites through both browsers.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/42314/140/

Beyond Firefox: 10 Other Great Linux Browsers

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox has been a reliable browser for me for many years and it still
| continues to be so to a certain extent. However, over the last few releases
| Firefox has become bloated and slow in performance that same way IE used to
| be before we switched to Firefox. The only thing that is stopping me from
| switching to another browser, is the large number of extensions available for
| Firefox. Specifically firebug. Since I spend most of my time on a Linux
| system, over the last few days I have been looking for an alternative Linux
| browser. Here are 10 of the best Linux browsers out there that can be a
| decent alternative to Firefox:
`----

http://www.geektechnica.com/2009/05/beyond-firefox-10-other-great-linux-browsers/

Thinking about Refreshing the Firefox Icon

,----[ Quote ]
| As we get closer to releasing Shiretoko (Firefox 3.5) we are considering that
| this might be a good time to update and evolve the Firefox application icon.
| We will likely be leveraging some conceptual work created by Jon Hicks during
| the development of Firefox 3, but otherwise we are just now getting started.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2009/05/06/thinking-about-refreshing-the-firefox-icon/

Recent:

20 useless Firefox add-ons (slideshow)

,----[ Quote ]
| There are more than 7,000 Firefox extensions in Mozilla's official catalog,
| and a good portion of them can drastically improve how you browse the Web.
| Then there are the stinkers. These add-ons that actually make the browser
| slower, or harder to use. We've compiled a list of 20 that you should steer
| clear from, if only for their lack of basic utility.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10230694-2.html

Firefox 3.5 to feature new window restore feature

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/04/firefox-35-to-feature-new-window-restore-feature/