[News] Making Linux Secure is Simple (Example)

Zfone: Secure Cross-Platform Voice Communication for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A.Lizard recommends Zfone as one way to secure your Internet voice
| communications. This article provides details on how to get and use Zfone for
| Ubuntu or Debian Linux.
`----

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1338069

Are there too few people who understand desktop Linux ?

,----[ Quote ]
| the Enterprise distributions. And I have nothing against the
| Fedora/Ubuntu/OpenSUSE/whatnot distributions of today, they are very needed
| for driving progress and for fostering the Open Source community. But please,
| not at the expense of the non-technical end-user.
`----

http://dag.wieers.com/blog/are-there-too-few-people-who-understand-desktop-linux

Related:

Malware, Spam, and other Net Pests Rev Up

,----[ Quote ]
| The number of malware detections has grown by almost half a million since the
| end of the year, jumping from 500,000 total detections to 900,000.
|
| "I have a nasty feeling that the situation is getting worse, not better",
| says Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer for the security vendor.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147701/malware_spam_and_other_net_pests_rev_up.html

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]
| USA TODAY REPORTS that on an average day, 40 per cent of the 800 million
| computers connected to the Internet are bots used to send out spam, viruses
| and to mine for sensitive personal data.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/17/bots-rule-cyberspace

Botnets Running Rampant

,----[ Quote ]