Re: [News] "Windows will never be secure [...] They should just dump it [for GNU/Linux]"

DFS wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Windows will never be secure.
>
> Nor will Linux.
>

>>> What's particularly dumb about this is that the NSA has already bee
>>> involved in the development of SELinux, the kernel of which is now
>>> part of most Linux distributions.
>
> You must mean the NSA built more back doors in the SELinux kernel than
> they did in Windows</linux_user_idiocy>

You can easily verify that... just download the source and have a look.

Shame you can't for windows... You have to TRUST microsoft to do the right
thing...

>>> It's already been rated at a
>>> higher level in their "Trusted Computer Systems Evaluation Criteria"
>>> (the "orange book") than any version of Windows has.
>
> Where's the beef?  You won't mind if we don't take the word of a biased
> Linux dweeb, of course.

Then don't... do the research for yourself...

>>> Frankly, I don't get what the justification for trying to get a
>>> secure version of Windows is.
>
> That's because you're a moron with no real-world experience.  The branches
> of the military have hundreds of Windows apps in use by nearly 1.5 million
> users.

And declining every day...

>>> They should just dump it and use one
>>> of the SELinux-based systems.
>
> Yeah right.  Look what happens when Munich Germany tries to replace 14000
> Windows seats - it takes them 8-10 years and costs them $3,500 per seat,
> and they still can't get rid of Windows.

Windows... at best, a good example of how to do something the wrong way...

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

    20:06:53 up 4 days,  1:34,  3 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.07, 0.56