Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Might Announce More Layoffs Tomorrow

____/ 7 on Monday 04 May 2009 21:41 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ AZ Nomad on Monday 04 May 2009 19:52 : \____

> Microsoft_layoff_buzz_intensifies_44295192.html

>>> Microsoft has that quaint belief I see all over the tech arena that if
>>> people won't pay as much for your stock, then it must therefore follow
>>> that you need fewer employees to write the same amount of software.
>
> The stock price is artificially held at $20 by micoshaft
> buying its own stock back. Its real value is about $13 from using EPS
> as a guide.
>
>> They have actually been cancelling many projects/services/features. About
>> 10 that I've noticed in the past month _alone_.
>

> The reason for sackings and project shutdowns
> is because of income drop. Micoshaft products are not worth it any more.
> The alternatives are better and making open source companies
> expand, take on workers and recruit more development staff.
> 50,000 of micoshaft employees are worthless.
> Analists have given the final warnings.
> Those employees may as well go count lamp posts because
> they are not producing anything useful that the world
> does not already have.

...Turns out that it's true. Microsoft confirmed it this morning, so be
prepared for Trolls to attack /users/ of Linux like Google. It's all they have
left: deflection.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside