[News] Freedom Goes Up the Stack from Linux to Eucalyptus ('Cloud')

Open source cloud platform is commercialized by its creators

,----[ Quote ]
| The creators of Eucalyptus, an open source platform for building private
| clouds, have launched a company to sell products based on the software and
| have landed $5.5 million in first-round funding.
|
| Eucalyptus Systems promises to sell enterprise-grade products based on
| Eucalyptus, which is designed to aggregate servers, storage and network
| infrastructure into a “cloud” that allows end-user customization and
| self-service provisioning. Eucalyptus supports the same APIs as public
| clouds, and is compatible with Amazon’s Web Services infrastructure, letting
| users deploy hybrid clouds consisting of internal and external resources.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/050109-eucalyptus-cloud-open-source.html

Eucalyptus cloud targets enterprise users

,----[ Quote ]
| The makers of Eucalyptus, the Linux-based open source cloud computing
| platform that now ships with Ubuntu, are targeting enterprise cloud computing
| with the launch of Eucalyptus Systems Inc.
|
| With $5.5 million in financing led by Benchmark Capital, the private company
| will develop enterprise-grade products and services built on the freeware
| platform, starting with consulting and support.
`----

http://www.itworldcanada.com/a/Daily-News/532071c0-b65d-469e-88ec-52063f7e6671.html

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

Build a DIY Cloud with Euclayptus, Nimbus and Amazon EC2

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/_featured/article.php/3817211/Build-a-DIY-Cloud-with-Euclayptus-Nimbus-and-Amazon-EC2.htm

`----