[News] Review of 'Other' Operating Systems: FreeBSD 7.2, OpenBSD 4.5, ReactOS

FreeBSD 7.2 Review: Improved Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeBSD is just plain old good UNIX with rock solid networking stack. It is
| quite popular amongst hosting companies, ISPs, portals (such as Yahoo) and a
| few large financial institutions because of its reliability, robustness and
| performance.
|
| A new version of the FreeBSD is scheduled for release next week (4-May-2009).
| A beta 2 was made available for download few weeks ago for final round of
| testing before the official launch
`----

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/freebsd-72-review-improved-virtualization.html

OpenBSD 4.5 light cycles into the wild

,----[ Quote ]
| The OpenBSD developers are channeling Tron to celebrate the release of
| version 4.5 of their open source operating system.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/01/openbsd_4point5_release/

It works! Sort of …

,----[ Quote ]
| On a whim, I installed the latest pre-release release of ReactOS today. I
| tried it a long time ago and had no luck whatsoever — black screens,
| nonbooting or just generalized irregular behavior — and so I rarely give it a
| thought.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/it-works-sort-of/

Recent:

ReactOS 0.3.9 boasts insanely huge speedups

,----[ Quote ]
| Naturally we focus mostly on Linux here at TuxRadar HQ, but we keep tabs on
| the wider open source world too. For the last few years we've been intrigued
| by the progress of ReactOS, a free software Windows implementation that could
| one day give Microsoft the chills. Well, ReactOS 0.3.9 is now here, with
| major performance improvements, initial sound support and the latest WINE
| DLLs for improved compatibility. Summary after the break.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/reactos-039-boasts-insanely-huge-speedups

ReactOS 0.3.9 promises speed increase

,----[ Quote ]
| The 0.3.9 release includes a "much improved" networking stack and the kernel
| now supports sound via the new kernel streaming services. A new and faster
| Hyperspace Mapping Interface is included, improving the overall speed of the
| OS. The minimum memory requirement has been reduced to 32Mb.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/ReactOS-0-3-9-promises-speed-increase--/news/113162

Related:

Haiku and ReactOS "Pair Up" at LinuxWorld Expo 08

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interesting and exciting turn of events, Haiku was able to secure a
| space at LinuxWorld Expo 2008 by negotiating with LinuxWorld organizers (IDG)
| and ReactOS who will be sharing the exhibit space with Haiku this year.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/20067/Haiku_and_ReactOS_quot_Pair_Up_quot_at_LinuxWorld_Expo_08

ReactOS 0.3.4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the release of the next version of ReactOS in the
| 0.3 series. This is a culmination of the last 3 months of development, and
| some significant progress has been made in various areas.
`----

http://www.reactos.org/en/news_page_40.html

ReactOS 0.3.3 Released!

,----[ Quote ]